How to Manage Conflicts Positively with Colleagues
In the world of work, we meet people with different backgrounds and perspectives; this is the reason that sometimes provides opportunities for conflict in the workplace.
However, don’t let the work problem turn into a personal issue, because it can be detrimental and can have a lot of impact on ourselves, the organization and even our own colleagues.
How should we behave when conflicts occur with coworkers?
- Always remember to have good intentions. Don’t let work conflicts turn into personal problems. Try to find a solution by focusing on the problem. Even if there are differences of opinion, defend your opinion in polite language without bringing down others.
- Don’t let conflicts in the workplace get bigger, try to find solutions as soon as possible. Let the high tension go down before starting the conflict resolution process. Give time until the emotional sense is lost so that you can think more clearly. Keep respecting each other and not judging coworkers.
- When you experience problems with coworkers, don’t focus on yourself, talk privately without discussing work. Speak or communicate well and politely without having to demean colleagues. Listen to the opinions of your co-workers too. find solutions to work problems by putting forward that have the same goals for the success of the company.
- If emotions are in control, find out the cause of the dispute. Make agreements and joint resolutions, don’t just stay quiet so that the problem gets bigger and protracted.
- Always be the first person to say sorry for your mistakes that turned out to trigger conflict. You can also involve management such as the human relations department as an intermediary to resolve conflicts, not to drag on.
Source: Entrepreneur. com