The job description of the Secretary is to coordinate the activities of the office, correspondence, arrange the journey of employees or leaders, record meeting summaries, correspondence and others related to administration
To become a professional secretary, there are a number of requirements you should know:
- Personality – Do you have a good personality? Can you be friendly? Able to keep secrets? Have a good memory? Wise and sociable? If yes, then you already have one of the requirements to be a secretary. In addition, a secretary must have a patient and wise attitude.
- Skills – the skills referred to here are related to expertise related to administrative tasks:
- Skills in correspondence: How to communicate properly and correctly in correspondence, how to conceptualize a letter, write letters quickly.
- Compile reports such as: financial reports, reports on meeting results, etc.
- How to communicate on the telephone.
- Understand technology. Understand the internet and computer, know how to use Microsoft word (excel, power, point, word and Microsoft outlook.
- Control and maintain office inventory.
How to save an effective archive, making it easier if needed.
- Having broad-minded and broad-knowledge – Knowledge in administration and managerial, knowledge about culture and society, understanding organizational structures, mastering foreign languages. Can adapt to the environment quickly.
In carrying out their duty, the secretary is inseparable from the possibility of cooperating with others.
As a professional, a secretary is expected to have good competence in carrying out various tasks and can be trusted. To know and understand the skills to become a professional secretary you need to study in tertiary education or take courses related to this.