ABOUT BETTERWORK INDONESIA
Better Work is a unique partnership between the UN’s International Labour Organization (ILO) and the World Bank Group’s International Finance Corporation (IFC). Launched in 2007, the programme aims to improve compliance with labour standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better Work involves the development of both global tools and country level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions, which build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.. Improving compliance with labour standards in global supply chains is an important part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected helps to distribute the benefits of trade.
Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labour standards and national labour law and improve the dialogue between workers and employers. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labour standards from their suppliers.
To achieve its goal, Better Work Indonesia provide advisory, assessment and training services to factories and work with ILO stakeholders to support them in building their capacity to fulfill their role.
In Indonesia, the core services (advisory, assessment and training) is exclusively implemented by Kemitraan Kerja, a national foundation who established in Indonesia since 2016. While the works with stakeholders will continue with the ILO.
Provides administration to support buyer programme strategy. Supports office daily management and answer basic questions from external parties. Perform administrative and logistic tasks to support delivery of a defined work area within a unit or department, enabling those supported to be more effective.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Supporting factories to register, starting from:
§ program introduction
§ responding to the factories’ general inquiries about the program timely
§ overseeing and reviewing the documents submitted; administering the documentations of registration in the established e-platform and hardcopy
§ if needed, verifying onsite facilities of new factories particularly on workforce and factory site plan then reporting the verification to management for invoicing purpose
§ Propose draft of change and confer with related Team Leader(s) and BWI manager to amend registration documents
2. Assist in marketing of the program
§ Support marketing for the program as needed and agreed through e-communication, internet, newsletters etc. and in close coordination with Communication & Partnership Officer and Operations Manager
3. Core Service Support (Direct Support to Management)
§ Together with Team Leader, managing assessment schedule for 16 Enterprise Advisors conducting annual assessment to 150+ participating factories on monthly basis
§ Assist in database management on updating Monitoring & Evaluations (M&E) indicators every 6 months.
4. Buyers Focal Point Team
§ Liaise on buyer’s/vendors’ subscriptions to factories’ assessment and advisory reports including documentations and the payment of their subscriptions fee
§ Together with Communication & Partnership Officer, work closely with Enterprise Advisors to prepare and deliver quarterly factory status update to 30 (thirty) Buyers Partners (e.g. GAP, H&M, Nike, etc)..
5. Other administration roles (if required) to support office daily management
· answering telephone calls, transfer calls to the appropriate individuals, take telephone messages for the staff
· To be the first point of contact for basic enquiries.
· Supporting all staff in day-to-day general office administration
· Maintain Foundation records, filing systems and computer files, prepare document control filing
· Ensure all incoming mail and mail-packets are distributed efficiently and incoming/outgoing login is recorded
· Responsible for updating various information: travel in/out of office, calendar of events for internal and external usage. Send to appropriate staff in line with agreed deadlines
· Maintains the contact and information staff lists
· Support organizing meetings, workshops and training events
· Support in logistic work, like making arrangements for travel, calendar appointments, sending out documents etc
· Support in administrative work, like printing, filling, writing letters, copying etc
• Other duties as required by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own time and some conflicting priorities without upward referral
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working
- Proposes new ways to improve the work process
- Proven experience of administration, good time-management, and organizational skills with a minimum of 2 year experience as receptionist, secretary or assistant administrator, preferably with an NGO
- Highly computer literate
Application – Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Title along with CV, 3 references and expected salary to:
no later than 15 February 2019. Early submission of qualified CVs will be prioritized.