Please find below open position.
We are trying to find the best possible candidates to make team stronger.
The Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia (YMCI) Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Maluku, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. YMCI Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
[Describe overview of job mission GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will ensure the accuracy and completeness of Mercy Corps accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Daily management of the finance officer(s)
2. Oversee daily cash count
3. Manage the month end accounting close process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger, subjournals and all supporting documentation in all country offices.
4. Primary responsibility for maintaining the general ledger software files, including set up and maintenance of new project accounts, regular back-up of files, etc.
5. Review subjournals and upload data to the general ledger
6. Prepare revenue recognition entries and other final closing journal entries
7. Enter, post and maintain filing of monthly journal entires
8. Prepare month end balance sheet account reconciliations
9. Coordinate the preparation and ensure the on-time submission of the monthly reporting package to HQ
10. Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
11. Assist in the training and support of the finance officers in field offices, including answering daily questions, training new hires, making field visits, etc.
12. Monitor cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from sub-offices; prepare consolidated country cash flow requests to HQ
13. Assist the Finance Manager in responding to audit inquiries
14. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
15. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Finance Manager and Ambon Head Office
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Finance Manager and Ambon Head Office
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of general ledger accounting experience is required.
- A university degree in accounting is required.
- Two years experience in the Finance Department of an international NGO is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills