AT OXFAM WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
All our work is led by three core values:
- Empowerment. Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Inclusiveness. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam in Indonesia represents the Oxfam International (OI) Confederation through the Oxfam International Regional Platform (OI RP) for Asia, supported by different Oxfam affiliates with dedicated roles. Oxfam in Indonesia is aligned to and complements the global aspirations of the OI Confederation as outlined in the Operational Guidelines for realizing Oxfam’s 2020 Vision, and the Strategic Plan for the OI RP for Asia… The Country Strategy for Oxfam in Indonesia acknowledges, responds and adapts to new and evolving ‘drivers of change’ and the emerging context of Indonesia as a ‘middle income country’. As we progress our intentions, all of Oxfam Indonesia’s programming will be informed and developed through a ‘partner-based model’ with the aspiration to realize ‘An inclusive, sustainable and resilient Indonesia in 2030’. Within this time frame, the Oxfam in Indonesia Country Strategy 2015 – 2020 vision of ‘People living equitably and free from injustice of poverty, enjoy their rights, and are resilient in times of disasters’ will still have relevance. Oxfam in Indonesia will bring about positive changes and impact as measured by the ability of women and youth to overcome inequality and realize their rights align with Oxfam’s goal of overcoming poverty, vulnerability and inequality with a focus on women and girls.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: COUNTRY MEL OFFICER (Code: CMO 0619)
MEL TEAM PURPOSE:
To lead the country programme to increase Oxfam’s impact and strengthen programme quality by working closely with partner organizations, Oxfam management and staff. To strengthen the country programme’s effectiveness by adding value to its partnerships through the provision of expertise and partner capacity development in the areas of influencing, policy development, campaigning and project implementation in all three key thematic areas. To lead the country programme to achieve programme standards and to embed learning and feedback in order to influence programme design and strategic decision-making.
Provide high quality monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support to the country programme and to our partners.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To develop and implement the MEAL framework by: Supporting the development of high quality proposals, concept notes, and donor narrative reports
- Organizing and/or implementing activities to promote learning among partner organizations including promoting learning events and sharing information and resources
- Developing and strengthening relationships with key staff in partner organizations
- Actively engaging with, and providing support to, research design and
To undertake periodic monitoring by:
Collaborating with the programme team to schedule field visits to project sites to monitor progress
To maintain and regularly update OPAL by:
Coordinating with partner organizations and project managers to ensure timely data collection against agreed indicators and ensuring all information is uploaded to OPAL
To provide technical support to the Programme Team by:
- Developing and updating guidelines and other resources that can assist
staff and Partners in carrying out their MEL responsibilities;
- Developing and conducting regular trainings and providing mentoring and
technical advice to improve capacity and motivate partners and Oxfam
- Assisting Programme Coordinators and Project Managers to identify areas of
progress and to prepare quality reports;
- Assisting PCs and PMs to identify, document and disseminate achievements,
lessons learned and good practice at provincial level so that they have an
- Assisting in the identification of partner capacity needs in relation to
MEL and providing on the job mentoring and coaching;
- Providing quality assurance for all data collected by partner
organizations and technical leads
- Contributing to wider Oxfam work at country, regional and global levels.
To lead project baseline studies through monitoring, evaluation and analysis to measure project progress against agreed MEAL frameworks by:
- Supporting the MEAL Coordinator in planning and conducting internal evaluations
- Under the guidance of the MEAL Coordinator, working collaboratively with partner organizations to design, plan, and implement baseline, midline, end-line and other surveys
- Coordinating with Programme teams to monitor progress against indicators for all projects in line with agreed log-frames.
To deliver recommendations on impact measurement, risk analysis and
corrective actions by:
- Providing regular feedback to partner organizations and project teams on project performance based on monitoring against indicators
- Collaborating with the finance team to monitor and provide feedback on budget spending plans and budget vs actual
- Providing capacity development activities for partner organizations in relation to monitoring, data collection and reporting
- Any other duties as required
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project monitoring within a humanitarian, development or advocacy organization
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to manage large amounts of information and data using programmes such as MS Word, Excel/Access
- Understanding of digital data collection platforms and/or statistical
analysis software (eg SPSS)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain
effective working relations with people with different priorities
- Demonstrated capacity to apply a service oriented approach to working in
partnership and cross-functionally
- Mature understanding of transformation derived from direct experience in a
development and/or humanitarian context
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
and Bahasa Indonesia
- Previous experience working with partner organizations in an M&E role
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please do apply by sending your complete resume and mention the code (CMO 0619) of the position on the subject of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date: January, 17th 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted We encourage women and people with disability to apply promotes equality and diversity
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
A registered charity in England and Wales (no 202918) and Scotland (SC 039042)