ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province.
In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
The main sectors for Indonesia Program are health, disaster preparedness, education, shelter, livelihood and orphans support.
The geographical areas of operation are Aceh, Banten, Central Sulawesi, and NTB provinces.
The WASH Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of Program Manager. The person will be the principal representative of executing the WASH activities at field level and report to the Field Coordinator. The main objective of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages with IR technical leads in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully.
Post holder direct reports to : Area Manager/ Program Manager
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the implementation of the project activities in within the respective area of responsibility as per the Plan of Action.
· Maintain close coordination with WASH counterparts in the project implementation.
· Support the IR team on the facilitation of WASH based training events at various levels;
· Support the IR team on the facilitation of Hygiene Promotions
· Ensure that WASH interventions are carried out in accordance with the approved plan of action and standard operating procedure, ensuring that the status of the WASH deliverables is regularly reviewed.
· Monitor the implementation of WASH activities; identify gaps, issues and risks and assist IR in addressing these as necessary;
· Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken for the implementation of the WASH activities in the field level.
· Assist the Field Coordinator in ensuring field-based project staff receive relevant skills training and knowledge development required for effective implementation especially in WASH related activities
· Assist the Field Coordinator in building good coordination and collaboration with local government, NGOs, and other key stakeholders for WASH related activities.
· Update and report the Field Coordinator on a regular basis about the progress of the DRR theme activities for the Palu EQ operations
· Coordinate all activities between the IR and KONSEPSI team in the field.
Skill and Competencies
· Educated to graduate degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
· Professional qualification or equivalent of qualifying experience in Disaster Risk Reduction Management
· 3-year experience in disaster operations management in the field on WASH
· Experience of supervising and supporting staff
· Experience of working for a humanitarian/non-profit-making organization
· Good training and facilitation skills; Self-supporting in computers: word processing, spreadsheets and presentations;
· Fluently spoken and written English.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 13 December 2018