Position Title: TB Laboratory Engagement Specialist
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: TB Laboratory Engagement Specialist for a USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia.
The TB Laboratory Engagement Specialist (LES) will support activities under the USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia to strengthen capacity of public and private laboratories and diagnostic service delivery points to detect and report TB and drug resistance. Support will include on-site mentorship and supportive supervision, remote technical assistance and training to diagnostic facilities being supported by the Project.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Responsibilities: The LES has the following responsibilities:
· Responsible for the conduct and reporting of gap assessments of TB diagnostic facilities supported by the project; diagnostic methods to include microscopy, solid and liquid culture, line probe assay (LPA) and molecular methods (GeneXpert)
· In close collaboration with laboratory management, provide supportive supervision and mentorship to enhance the quality of TB diagnostic services
· Support and deliver trainings on TB diagnostics which may include microscopy, solid and liquid culture, LPA and molecular methods
· Assist laboratories with development and implementing policies and standard operating procedures as well as other tools and technical aides
· Assist with establishing systems to improve diagnostic connectivity between laboratories, providers and the national TB program
· Assist with developing solutions and systems to improve specimen referral and transportation systems
· In close collaboration with team members and stakeholders, establish systems and initiatives to increase engagement of private diagnostic service providers
· Support project activities to scale up GeneXpert and to increase access to TB culture and direct susceptibility testing and LPA
· Support TB network optimization through assisting with mapping of service delivery points and TB diagnostic facilities
· Assist laboratories with enhancing internal quality control systems and participating in external quality assurance programs
· Participate in activities to determine the cost and cost effectiveness of TB services and ways to reduce cost while maintaining (or increasing) quality and timeliness
· Assess biosafety and biosecurity systems in TB diagnostic facilities and provide mentorship and technical assistance to enhance those
· Work closely with the donor and project team to prepare work plans and budgets as well as implementing technical activities.
· Master’s degree in biological or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline
· At least five years’ experience performing TB diagnostics in a clinical laboratory
· At least three years’ experience providing technical and capacity building experience to clinical laboratories
· Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa and English
· Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% within Indonesia
· Authorization to work in Indonesia
· Indonesia nationality
· Experience residing and working in Indonesia
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested candidate please apply through FHI360 career website by the latest 1st Feb 2019.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com as soon as possible. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.