Wikipedia says that e-mail marketing is an act or activity of sending commercial messages such as promos, product offers, discounts, membership offers and so on to a group of people using email media.
With e-mail marketing, building a connection with your potential customers and encouraging them to become your loyal customers is the most effective way.
E-mail marketing is one of the strategies carried out by digital marketing to market their products or services. With e-mail marketing you can market your product at a cost much cheaper and can send or market products to different people. In the sense that the scope of marketing is wider.
Benefits Of Email Marketing
- Because e-mail marketing is the right marketing tactics, then the return of the investments (ROI) can be tracked properly.
- Can send messages to the target that has been targeted.
- It does not require a large team and easy to do.
- The cost is cheaper than sending traditional mail.
- Has the potential acquisition of new customers is much larger than the others.
- Useful to introduce new products at once.
- More effective than the social media.
- Communication looks more professional
- Make it easy to improve marketing campaign
- Allow to send instant messages to thousands of people all over the world
Disadvantages of E-mail Marketing
- E-mails that you send are often stated as SPAM
- Limited features
- E-mails that you send are often not read by consumers because goes the SPAM box
Good E-mail Marketing Strategy:
- The newsletter promotion approach
- Create an interesting email subject, to increase the open rate of e-mail marketing
- Build an e-mail list by giving a give away or discount or trial product to consumers
- Using an e-mail platform
- Utilize e-mail plugin to get leads
- Sending e-mail blasts to customers
Platforms are often used for e-mail marketing:
- Zoho Campaign
- Constant Contact
Source: mailchimp, Wikipedia